It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 am

Welcome
Welcome to mugengenesis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Mugen Clash - HD ScreenPack for Mugen 1.0 [New Update]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 am 

The screenpack is 1280x720. So is the video, click it to see the HI Def version.

I might add another shooting star, and perhaps some twinkling stars in the background. Before I move onto other parts of the screenpack. And yes that is the music I will be providing with the screenpack.

Post subject: Re: Possible WIP - HD ScreenPack for Mugen 1.0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 am 

That's not a God of War screenpack :P

Arpa used Mega Punch!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 am 

This may be the very thing that will transition me to 1.0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 pm 

I think the whole "space" look is ovedone in Mugen. Look at any of EXShadow's stages and all you see is starry skies, full moon's, and junk like that. You should make it look more like a real fighting game, and get a more stylish font for the title.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 pm 

Running Wild wrote:I think the whole "space" look is ovedone in Mugen. Look at any of EXShadow's stages and all you see is starry skies, full moon's, and junk like that. You should make it look more like a real fighting game, and get a more stylish font for the title.

Well I wouldn't know how overdone it is, since I just started playing mugen again after a 2-3 year hiatus. And I don't like ex-shadows stages anyway.

I know mugen is a fighting game engine, but I think it's too typical to "make it look like a fighting game".
I hate when people put mugen character images on the screenpack, just for the sake of making it look like a fighting game.

Best thing about mugen is you can make what you want. If people want to download it they can, if not oh well. Plus the look of the screenpack is going to go really well with the music I'll be packaging with it.

As for the font, the reason I chose what I'm using now, is because it's an HD font that I'm able to use in Paintshop. It's from the game Wipeout HD. Plus I thought it looked good with the space look. If anyone can point me to a better .TTF font, I welcome it.

I haven't started work on the other parts of the screenpack yet, so you might like those. All in all thanks for the feedback because it's good to see other perspectives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 pm 

Kratos wrote:I hate when people put mugen character images on the screenpack.

A-FUCKING-MEN.

It was kind of cool when Ziltama did it, especially since I had just about all the characters the screenpack showed, but then everyone hopped on and started putting crap that I wouldn't think of having on my roster (Haruhi, Touhou characters, other weird obscure anime stuff) and characters that weren't even in Mugen (Blazblue, Mewtwo, Master Chief, etc.) It just seems pretentious like you would have those characters on your roster for sure.

Also that one CVS2 screenpack with the character portraits put on there already, ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm 

Kratos wrote:I know mugen is a fighting game engine, but I think it's too typical to "make it look like a fighting game".
I hate when people put mugen character images on the screenpack, just for the sake of making it look like a fighting game.

That's not quite what I mean. What mean is use a more... streamlined and professional look for the menu's and such so it looks more like you're playing an actual game, and not just something slapped together in Photochop. You don't have to insert artwork of characters or anything either. Just be creative, make it look practical and functional, and most important of all, give it the feel of a an arcade style fighting game.

Having a very stylized logo helps alot with this too.

But if you're just gonna make a screenpack with a bland outer space background, lousy fonts, and a billion character slots, what's the point? There's so many screenpacks out there already like that.

Just for the record, I use a customized version of the BrokenMugen screen pack in regular lo-res WinMugen. It's a great screenpack as it is without any edits with a very stylish look and alot of substance, and its very functional as well. It really replicates the arcade-style look for Mugen.

Kratos wrote:As for the font, the reason I chose what I'm using now, is because it's an HD font that I'm able to use in Paintshop. It's from the game Wipeout HD. Plus I thought it looked good with the space look. If anyone can point me to a better .TTF font, I welcome it.

There's no such thing as an "HD Font", any font can be displayed in high definition. >_>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am 

Running Wild wrote:But if you're just gonna make a screenpack with a bland outer space background, lousy fonts, and a billion character slots, what's the point? There's so many screenpacks out there already like that.

Well I never claimed to be an expert with Paintshop. I'm not. I'm experimenting and learning this stuff as I go. If people want to download this they can, if not, I don't really care.

Running Wild wrote:Just for the record, I use a customized version of the BrokenMugen screen pack in regular lo-res WinMugen. It's a great screenpack as it is without any edits with a very stylish look and alot of substance, and its very functional as well. It really replicates the arcade-style look for Mugen.

Brokenmugen is a great screenpack. The guy who created it has a lot more experience with paint programs than I do.
I could make a screenpack that looks like Brokenmugen, but that's not what I want to do.

Running Wild wrote:There's no such thing as an "HD Font", any font can be displayed in high definition. >_>

Any font can be displayed in High Def, but it doesn't mean it will look good.
The Font I'm using is a straight rip from an HD game.

It looks really good in mugen, screens don't do it justice. Plus I like it. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm 

Kratos wrote:Any font can be displayed in High Def, but it doesn't mean it will look good.
The Font I'm using is a straight rip from an HD game.

That's not how fonts work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm 

k

but I'm still using the Wipeout HD font.

Page 1 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next